March 6, 2019
I’ve yet to come across a Zelda fan who doesn’t love the music of the franchise. Of course, everyone differs on the ones they like and dislike, but we can all come to the same conclusion that overall the music in Zelda is fantastic! We love when someone takes these classic Zelda tunes and remakes them with their own vision. The newest one comes from Materia Collective and Joel Kent titled Helmarock: Zelda Metal Vol. II. It released at the beginning of March. It is described as being twice as heavy and double the runtime of its 2017 predecessor and it fuses Koji Kondo’s timeless melodies with all things shred. Sadly, it only features 5 songs, but it does span across 4 games: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Majora’s Mask, and Wind Waker. It is available for purchase via Bandcamp. You can give it a listen below.
1. Title Theme (from “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time”) 02:40
2. Hyrule Field (from “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess”) 05:39
3. Kokiri Forest (from “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time”) 03:16
4. Song of Healing (from “The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask”) 08:30
5. Ganondorf Battle (from “The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker”) 05:22